Substance Abuse is a daily challenge for millions of Americans struggling with addiction. Carnevale Associates, LLC has experience working with 5 "Drug Czars" to address the dangers and consequences of substance abuse. We have been involved in the development and implementation of countless government and private organization programs designed to address substance abuse. Our experts draw upon research and policy experience to help our clients develop evidence-based responses to drug abuse at the National, State and Community level.
Carnevale Associates has published a host of public material on substance abuse policy.
U.S. National Drug Control Policy
- The Economic Impact of Illicit Drug Use on American Society
- The Federal Drug Budget Under Sequestration
- The Continued Standstill in Reducing Illicit Drug Use: Is the Policy-Budget Mismatch to Blame?
- FY02-09 Budget Emphasizes Least Effective Ingredients of Drug Policy
International Substance Abuse Policy
- Estimating Outbound Drug-Related Bulk Cash
- Evidence-Based National Policies: Significance and Implications
- The Prescription Drug Epidemic: Current Trends and Policy Solutions
- Leveraging Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs to Reduce Drug Use and its Damaging Consequences
- Prescription Drug Takeback Programs & Substance Abuse Policy
- Wasted: Prescribing Solutions for Opioid Abuse: America's Prescription Drug Crisis
- Using Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs to Inform Prevention Policy and Decision Making
- FY2008 Federal Drug Budget: Prevention Funding Continues to Decline
- SAMHSA's Strategic Prevention Framework
Treatment & "Trends"
- The Current Status of the Methamphetamine Epidemic
- Could Youth Drug Use Be Making a Comeback?
- Evidence-Based Drug Programs: NREPP Offers Prevention/Treatment Providers Decision Support Tool
- Emerging Drug Trends: Salvia Divinorum